As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted you to be fully aware of how we are protecting ourselves as well as our patients.
We have always followed industry-standard guidelines to prevent the transmission of infections in orthodontic offices. We are fortunate in that much of what we do is less invasive than in other fields of dentistry.
The following are the additional precautions our office currently has in place:
- Everyone entering our building, including all patients, parents, team members, and doctors are screened for COVID-19 risk and has their temperature taken. Everyone entering the building is asked to wear a mask or face covering and use hand sanitizer as well. If a patient or accompanying family member has been sick or had a fever in the past 14 days, they will be asked to reschedule their appointment. Any patient who has a temperature greater than 100 degrees will not be seen.
- All parents/guardians are strongly encouraged to wait in their vehicles during their children’s appointments
- If patients prefer not to enter the office alone, they are limited to 1 adult to accompany them (this includes the lobby). To be clear, no siblings will be permitted to enter the office.
- All snacks, magazines, and common use items from the lobby have been removed and we have discontinued the use of our games and touchscreens
- Our toothbrushing stations are closed (patients are asked to brush before they arrive at our office)
- We have limited the use of our clinic chairs in order to provide greater spacing between patients
- We are using Air-free handpieces when possible to decrease the aerosol formation
- Our common areas such as the lobby and restrooms are being sanitized regularly throughout the day
We believe that we are administering treatment in a way that is safe for our patients and that the risk of unsupervised or postponed treatment outweighs the minimal risk of contracting the virus in our office. However, we understand that some patients may not yet be comfortable visiting our office and encourage them to reach out to us about how they can set up a virtual appointment.
Thank you for your continued patience as we work to provide the highest quality of care while ensuring a safe environment for our patients and team. We know this has been a difficult time for many people, but we continue to believe we will get through this by working together.
Cooper, Chockley & Misner Team